Saturday 8 November 2014

Getting Creative with Clothes.

Hey Guys,

Lately I've been feeling slightly bored with the clothing available and after being inspired by The Great British Sewing Bee, I really wanted to create some of my own clothes. My nan had previously taught me how to use a sewing machine but It goes in one ear and out the other with me, and had fast been forgotten. When she came to stay with me recently, I picked her brain and she helped me to create a simple straight denim skirt out of some fabric she had going spare. I was really happy with my first creation but wanted to spruce it up further so I raided Etsy to find the perfect iron on patches to give the skirt the on trend folk fairy tale feel. I got mine from the seller Kraft Folks but there are some really fun ones on there.


To customise my skirt, I simply positioned the patches, and then heated up my iron. I overlaid a sheet on top of the skirt and pressed the iron on top for a while to make sure the flowers were secure and then left the skirt to cool for an hour.


Here is the finished product, combined with some of my other amazing Etsy finds. I bought this top from a seller a couple of years ago, and unfortunately they do not stock it anymore, but it has lasted me so well and the print has not faded one bit which is great for something handmade. 
My favourite purchase has to be these fluffy turquoise earrings though! How mega are they!? These were made by the amazing Pom queen - Frilly Pops.

Have you guys found any unique things on Etsy?


25 comments:

  1. The skirt looks great! I'm the exact same with people teaching me things, in one ear and out the other haha!
    Katie x
    planet-blossom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!
    polishgloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! And you girl, you look a-ma-zing! :)

    Blonde and Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah you are so gorgeous I love this skirt so much x
    Do you mind following me back on bloglovin I adore your blog and followed you x

    sabrinnax.com | fashion beauty and everything under the sun x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so creative and clever! It's so unique and adds something really different to the skirt!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute outfit ! Nice details !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a clever idea! The skirt looks lovely! X
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous! I love the girly twist to the skirt and it looks great on you! You're so pretty! <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, love it! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  10. The skirt is so fantastic. & you hardly had to make a change. It's a small alteration but it makes a heap of a difference. So cute. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a kid my mum would always add iron on motifs to my clothes and I loved it! It's been too long since I did it myself..

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really cute idea.

    Aisling | aisybee.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw it looks super cute now :) Also loving your earrings gurl X
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a really cute idea, the skirt looks so lovely :)

    yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de/2014/11/love-peace-joy.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. great idea, thanks for sharing

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That skirt looks absolutely fab - you did such a great job. I used to use iron on patches when I was younger, I completely forgot that they existed! It's a simple customisation but it makes for such a cute look!

    Claire // Technicolour Dreamer // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  17. This skirt looks now so cute ;) You're really creative.

    xlollixkyokox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. it's crazy how much some high street labels can charge so much for a little bit of embellishment! I always do things like this haha, i love this, you suit it lovely :)
    ♥ jen | jennifer's journal xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a cute idea! I've never actually bought anything from etsy but I'm always having a mooch around!
    Sam xx
    knockoutcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning look Paige! So cool and inspiring! You look amazing!
    ♥XO♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks lovely! I love making things too, but I'm always a bit scared of clothes - I do like to crochet hats and scarves though :) xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love! I have a sewing machine and have made some things with help from my nan too but really want to learn to do it alone!

    tarnalexandra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete